Specialist Support for Memory Impairment
At Freedom Aged Care, care is tailored for each individual living in our communities. For our community members living with memory impairment, dementia, and Alzheimer’s disease, our focus is on creating safe, nurturing, and purposeful environments:
- Freedom home care communities are stimulating environments where regular activities and events are organised for the benefit of the community members.
- Everyone is made to feel part of the ‘Freedom family’ and at home within the community, our communal areas encourage interaction between all our residents and staff.
- Some of our communities have dementia sanctuaries, known as ‘Memory Nodes’, dedicated areas where purposeful activities are planned and facilitated by therapists and carers for residents living with cognitive concerns.
- All our community teams are led by Registered Nurse manager. Our experienced carers are on hand 24/7 to provide care and support to all our residents.
- Couples live together, in the privacy of their own Freedom home, even if their care needs differ.
- Pets are welcome and are encouraged for companionship.
Dementia and Alzheimer’s Therapy
A comprehensive Diversional Therapy program is in place at each community to help residents with memory impairment and dementia live life to the full, reduce anxiety and manage stress sometimes associated with living with these diseases. Diversional Therapists and Lifestyle Coordinators design daily activity schedules and a variety of activities for all our Freedom family. For our residents living with memory impairments, specialised programs are designed to integrate with their daily routine. Properly managing dementia with behavioural programs is crucial for the well being and safety of those living with the disease, particularly as it advances.
Some of the programs at Freedom include:
- Music therapy
- Animal therapy
- Art therapy
Studies have shown these activities can help manage negative effects and sometimes slow onset of cognitive diseases. In addition to therapies, at Freedom we have a holistic approach; our communal areas and kitchens are designed to be open-plan in order to encourage interaction between residents and staff, to simulate a home environment and stimulate the senses. Imagine the wonderful aroma of home-baked cookies as our chefs prepare morning tea in the dining area!
Loving, Safe and Respectful Care
While we encourage a lifestyle of independence and freedom at our communities, we also take the care and safety of our residents seriously. All our communities feature:
- 24-hour nurse call system
- Care onsite throughout the day and night
- Registered Nurse community manager
- Personal care team, who regularly visit each resident based on their personal care plan
- Assistive technologies, such as sensor mats and monitors
- Safe and secure gated communities
Treating our residents with love, decency, respect and kindness, we emphasise maintaining and promoting the individuality of our community members while caring for each of their personal requirements. With social activities, a communal lifestyle, the opportunity to reside with your partner and/or pets, and care tailored to the individual, Freedom Aged Care is committed to supporting all Australians on their ageing journey.