As another year comes to an end, we wanted to make sure you are ok, as we move into the busiest part of the year with family and loved ones. Caring for an ageing loved one is a rewarding experience, it can also be daunting and often unexpected. As a carer it can be easy to forget about your own well-being, whilst juggling work, end of year celebrations, looking after visiting family and your ageing loved ones.
Freedom Aged Care now offers Respite Care, also known as ‘short-term care’, a form of support for carers which allows you to take a break from your caring duties, while ensuring peace of mind that your loved one’s care needs continue to be met by health care professionals.
Respite Care at Freedom Aged Care includes;
- a private, fully furnished, self-contained home
- personalised care and support
- meals with morning and afternoon tea provided
- activities your loved one would like to be part of
- safe and secure, vibrant community where all of our residents physical and emotional needs are met each and every day, with love, decency, respect and kindness
- no ACAT / ACAS required
There is no fixed time to decide when is the best time for respite care, but it’s best not to wait till you feel overwhelmed, stressed and tired. Whether it’s two weeks or more, respite care can give you, the carer, the time to do activities, while you know your loved one is being well looked after.
Take the time now, and think about when you would like to have a short break, it’s easy as calling us on 1800 572 347 to confirm the dates you have in mind and we will help with the rest.Click here to enquire about employment opportunities at Freedom Aged Care